| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 03:24 pm |
There is a lot here to read and react on and It will take a little longer as our offices are closed during the weekend and I am just too busy right now.
Some initial points:
1. I see more references to war bugs. Some are very detailed and recent, I am sure we will be able to find them.
Some are again vage, like "small scale attacks with strategic bombers" does not get me into any detailed log.
2. Transfers from other worlds will continue but these users get protected against war for 18 months. This is unchanged and was on this thread before. If someone starts a war, his protection, (18 or 100 months) is gone. This was announced and practiced before.
3. There will be no peaceful countries in empires. They will be removed when the software is ready. I already put that on the BB before. Game news too.
4. A country declaring war should not be able to become a peaceful country. Sounds good to me. Future conversions of fresh users should be reconsidered too. In the future, we may allow new users one month (real) to decide on becoming a peaceful country.
5. The initial change, again, was meant to allow people out who are not interested in this scale of destruction. Others who use it to escape anyway, will not be able to return to war.
6. It was never intended to cap the population of peaceful countries. What was said is that it is unfair competition to allow countries with population that was transferred from conquered countries to have a huge population while new peaceful players start with much less.
This is why we are looking for a solution for the currently converting countries and how to bring them in line with users who never transferred population.
7. For the first time we can tell some potential players that they can play the game without the danger of being removed by another player and to others, that there is no possibility to conquere and dominate a world.
Both statements were intended from the start of Simcountry. We made them clear many times and we made changes in the past that made these objectives clear.
Many of you complained or celebrated previous changes that tried to achieve these objectives.
We think that we now have a solution that does achieve it while huge wars will remain possible and probably will take place.
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 03:25 pm |
hehe ive gone all but inactive for weeks, even months at a time here matt so u may be right.. i only became "active" again a relatively short period of time ago in the schme of things
the 2 worlds idea would be superb, especially the idea of specialised geography
anyway ive spammed too much, time o let others get a word in edgeways ;p
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 03:32 pm |
I kinda agree with the peace country option. Even if it has put a current frustration on most and including me and my federation.
One thing that does bother me is the Defensive structure against nuclear weaponds. Which is actually the main reason why I'm posting.
I may be wrong, but... when the defense retaliates agains an Sbomber(for example) and the aircraft is destroyed, what happnes to the payload. It still gets droped. There is still damage that can be done with this. Only other way that it wouldnt, is if it gets destroyed over waters.
I always thougth that this was very silly. What's the point of buying these weaponds, if the only way to deploy them is by abusing a bug?
I think that buying nuclear weaponds should be very difficult and very expensive. At the same time making very difficult to defend.
If you think about it, these types of weaponds can and should be a huge factor in winning a war. IMHO.
Just something that ReallY! bothers me.
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 03:33 pm |
thank you jozi for taking the time to repsond on the weekend
Your last post clears up a lot and removes most of the problems which other people have brought to me, and I mentioned.
Ill try not to post so much...but as ive said, ive been waiting for something like this since I started the game.
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 04:39 pm |
ack one last comment
imperio i always felt strat bombers where to pulverise the cities etc, once you have beaten the opponents air force etc.
shrug i realy will post less now, thanks for the feedback jozi
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 05:26 pm |
i agree with ya there hec , but i still think that range limits should be modified according to allied countries positions as well as your own. Name one war in history that has never used ground troops or tanks etc, all it takes is landing crafts if over sea and fed refueling on the fringes. that's realistic.
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 06:36 pm |
PEACE ONLY COUNTRIES
Much has been made of what economic advantages/disadvantges they will have.
As an expierienced President (former ruler of the Mercantile Empire) who reged a former C3 this morning after having received the news in the TNN e-mail, watch me as a guinea pig here.
Having had one of the richer empires in the game (MD was 4th in Assets), I should be able to get a peaceful country from scratch up about as quick as anyone. (Besides, those who remember me will probably want to buy my Shares - hint.)
If I do it all too fast (expect 2-3 game years to get to a mature economy minimum), something needs to be adjusted.
Jozi, I 2nd what Hector was basically saying.
What happened with Mercantile Dictatorship is that my enemy started suiciding Strategic Bombers at my cities in waves of 45. I had over 12,000 AABs and over 10,000 Interceptors. By any rational standard, I should have blown his planes out of the sky before they got anywhere close.
Instead they were allowed to nuke my cities before I could shoot them down.
The bug to be fixed is to allow air defenses, in a declared war, to engage incoming enemy aircraft 1st.
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 06:39 pm |
One bug you forgot to mention Avalon is uncharted bases, corps, etc.
Take a look at the country "Red". I have two military bases. But only one of them shows up in the list, which makes the other invincible. I know this happens with corps as well.
| Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 07:58 pm |
Hey Merc, I'm glad your back, can't find your country. Please message me.