| Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 04:41 am |
In addition to my previous post to avoid resets requires me to purchaes a gold credit in doing so it would be more valuable for me to transfer my enter to the GR as awards are greater but this not possible for CEOs as for presidents.
Now a good hypothetical question lets say that I have three corp in a particular world and that president decides to transfer to the GR what would happen to my corps would they close? as it is not possible to play in 2 worlds at one time.
So a further hypothetical question lets say that all my corps 249 and the countries in wich they are in chose to transfer to GR would I end up with nothing? I could not image that you could end up with no corps but still maintain your'e existing levels of enterprise debt. Avery good question that requires a lot of thought
| Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 10:20 am |
1. If you look at the last post before your rant, you will notice the thread is over 2 months old. At that time, resets were not applied to CEOs. Resets did not directly affect CEOs then.
2. Most presidents prefer not to have CEO corps in their countries. There are a few exceptions, but there is a good reason for this--presidents can make more money if the corporations in their countries are all state owned. However, I don't know of anybody who has seen a CEO reset yet. When they do, who knows what happens to the corps? Maybe the corps will become computer controlled.
3. You seem pretty angry about the asset penalty. The asset penalty is there to help make it possible for many people to reach the top positions, not have the same people there month after month. I don't think you'll be able to get w3c to ease up on the asset penalty.
4. CEOs cannot move to GR for a few simple reasons--First, where would the corps go? Second, consider the impact on the market when 250 highly developed corporations suddenly appear out of nowhere.
5. About KB running faster. Duh. Have you read the game news recently? I doubt it, especially in light of your comments about KB's speed and your apparent lack of knowledge that when this thread was active, CEOs weren't being reset. If you read the game news, you would know that w3c is trying to make KB run as quickly as possible.
6. Your hypothetical question is not something to worry about. If a president transfers to GR, the state owned corps are transferred, but not the CEO corps (who would run them?). The country on the free world would remain as it was before the move, CEO corps and all. The country on GR would keep the CEO corps that are already there. Even if all the countries you have corps in move to GR, you will still have all your corps here in the free world.
| Monday, June 07, 2004 - 11:19 pm |
The resets do make sense. I mean you have a new enterprise like mine, how am I meant to get anywhere with people who have been playing for years keeping hold of everything. I can see why it annoy's though, I don't want to lose all the hard work I put in and I think the resets are just a way of getting more people onto the Gold Worlds.
For anyone who wants to talk about the game on other parts of the net I am creating a forum for myself and friends who play this game, however everyone is welcome to sign up.
The forum will have real life sections as well for anyone annoyed by Real Life Events.
| Monday, June 07, 2004 - 11:27 pm |
O yea, and can someone please explain to me what happens when your country/enterprise resets, do you lose it completely or can you re-take it after the reset?
| Monday, June 07, 2004 - 11:28 pm |
Forum created, /simcountry.proboards31.com
| Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 04:52 am |
Here is a link to a thread (on WG's BB) that describes what happens during resets. It only describes what happens when countries are reset, but it's still pretty good.