| Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 02:53 pm |
Let me clarify the problems here...
1) Country owned corps will only make 2/3 what they are making now. Less money collected in taxes meaning lower revenue.
2) Country owned corps will use 1/3 more workers that upgrades could free. More workers needed per corp means more paid in salaries and also fewer corps, meaning less revenue.
3) You do not collect profit percentage from CEO corps nor do you collect the over 50B cash payment. That goes to the CEO. So less cash revenue again.
4) So in other words your going to be making much less cash than you would otherwise. Profit margins for alot of countries are already dropping and this will further that along. Those of a more militaristic persona will really feel the crunch as they will have much less in revenue to pay for war.
5) Countries will require CEOs, and numerous different ones (due to 3 corps per CEO). You would lose alot of control over your country and be at the mercy of CEOs.
5) Many CEOs are dumbass' and run their corps like morons. They can have corps in your country and use them to supply other people, hence no profit or taxes for you.
6) CEOs have the nasty habit of going inactive or letting themselves reset. Then you have a bunch of corps just blowing in the wind.
7) CEOs can be *bought off* or run off before wars and they can move all their corps out of your country. This can cripple your War Index or your economy if you had them in your country.
Basically they are putting the success or failure of YOUR country in the hands of OTHER people. Many more people play countries than CEOs, and many CEOs are controled by presidents and used for the sole purpose of supply things to the country for nothing. Why they are making changes to help such a small minority of players when it would hurt the large majority baffles me.