| Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 09:51 am |
The thread was proly deleted cause its a BIG reason and/or root cause of alot of in game issues atm.
IMHO it comes off as smug arrogant and looking to belittle new players or intimidate them outright. I know this was not the intention of JF when he created it, but a few have taken it to an extreme and taken many of the intended applications out of context. Almost every veteran I know has broken or encouraged someone to break them in his/her behalf and condoned it. I personally have suffered this kind of dumb crap. It should be edited to a better state of coming across.
1. Thou shalt not hostilely take another players corporations.
Just st00pid: Most instances this is a profitable situation where a player either pays more than the corp is worth or gets debt bombed, either way there are remedies. USE THEM.
2. Thou shalt read the game documentation, though it appears out-dated.
Excellent advice, no complaints here.
3. Thou shalt not be an asshat.
Comon how broad is this? There is an asshat on this thread right now (not farmer bob, any guesses?) who has commited this act right now and is now crying for a boycott. Complete st00pidity!
4. Thou shalt not sell nukes to noobs.
haha, proly right.
5. Thou shalt not use sneak attacks.
Yeah right, LMAO!!! it should read: 5. Thou shalt not use sneak attacks for no reason, always have a reason, but defend yourself at all times.
6. Thou shalt not cuss at anyone except asshats.
Again thats about right, but too many veterans break it to be counterapplied to n00b/newbs You can't have a double standard and expect to be taken seriously.
7. Thou shalt not piss off veterans.
Wow, in most cases good advice. I don;t see why anyone would without justification. Again the double standard thing.
8. Thou shalt not betray one's federation.
LMAO!! Tell that to AMECHE HELLO!!! oops did I say that
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors lands.
10. Thou shalt not disobey the Game-God for he wields the mighty IP ban.
Now That should be #1 hands down.
Thats it, we need a revision.