| Friday, April 15, 2005 - 08:18 pm |
To follow up.
Simcountry has (should have) several over riding guiding priciples.
1. It should be realistic (it is a simulation)
2. It should be fun (it is not real, it is a game)
3. It should be easy (you should be able to compete from the start, otherwise you get discouraged)
4. It should be complicated (it should not be easy to play WELL, otherwise you get bored)
5. It must have good automation (we dont all have hours free)
6. Experience must count (a good player with hours free should have the tools to beat a player relying on automation)
7. It must be fair (everyone being crushed by one super fed contravenes pt 2.)
8. It must be competitve (if it is designed that it is IMPOSSIBLE for 1 person or group to dominate, then what is the point)
Yes, these are mutaully contradictory and cannot all be achieve to everyones (or anyones) satisfaction, but life sucks, so there is no point whinging (is there a board for non-cry babies I dont know about?)
If you see a problem, propose a solution as you point it out, its much more likely to be fixed.
Peronally I intend to sit quietly in my corner up until the time I enslave you all, so your complaints are ultimately futile.