| Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 07:40 pm |
Unfortunately, when those two towers went down, a lot of people made a lot of money from the suffering of others on all sides. It is one of the things that greatly saddens me in the real world, that so much money and resources are devoted to something that is basically the result of fear. Whether that fear is due to a need for security or a need for power (which is really an expression of insecurity), it is unfortunate that mankind has not evolved much in 6,000 years.
| Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 08:40 pm |
I'm not an economist, but I have always believed and seen through history that countries that suffer major wars have indeed come out of them eventually with a stronger economy due to the rebuilding, re-structuring, international aid, investment etc. Isnt post WWII Germany a classic example of this?
| Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 10:45 pm |
War does a good job of pulling a country out of a recession, and depending on the size of the war of shoving it back into another. The build-up that preceded and continued during WWII helped Europe and the USA get out of the recession, specially in the USA where military spending reached 38% of the GDP. Right in the year that the war ended, 1945, there was a recession. And another recession from 1948 to 49. Recessions also followed in the US after the end of the Korean and Vietnam wars.
In Europe, what war did of good was bomb way the old, outdated capital and make way to build more efficient capital. That did set the stage for the Golden Years.
Usually, the graphs shown about GDP are about real GDP growth. Two about things that: it is kind of hard to have negative growth when your whole country is already in the slums - besides being difficult, if not impossible to get accurate information -; Plan Marshall did a good job in helping the recovery of Europe, but take notice it took Germany twelve years to recover the GDP of 1944.
You can look at the data on Angus Maddison's database: http://www.ggdc.net/maddison/Historical_Statistics/horizontal-file_02-2010.xls
These things are also applicable in the game.
Fuck... I just noticed Angus Maddison died in April.
| Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:23 am |
Application for Development Aid :
- Country : Kingdom of Fordshire
- Aid proporsal : 5T
- Reason : I'm a new player, and for country's economy development.
- Current Asset : 1.76T
- I will spend the development aid in improving roads, building public services, and setting up corporations.
Thank you so much for your support.
| Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:32 pm |
- Country name:La Republica del Ibaz Memo
- How much to receive:5T
- Reason:i'm new and i need to boost my economy
- Optional( how you will spend it):infrastucture,education,health,military
- Total Assets:1.74T SC$
| Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:33 am |
The aid for Kingdom of Fordshire has been proposed.
I will propose the aid for your country as soon as possible, Lidichiu.
| Monday, December 13, 2010 - 03:50 pm |
thank you verry much,i'll wait the decision than
| Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 05:52 pm |
- Country name; Ava
- How much to receive (1 to 5T); Any amount you're willing to give.
- Reason (new, in debt, etc.) : I am fairly new, I've been here for two game years. Also, my economy fluctuates often, and I am hopeful a large injection of cash would stablise it to some degree.
- Optional: I will spend it on new corperations, health and education.
| Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 04:48 am |
- Country: The Republic of Phoenon
- Reasons: around 1 month old, large dept, low income, negative net cash!
- This money will be spent on the national Dept, improvement in the infrastructure of the country.