There needs to be improvements to the shares market

Simcountry Home   Simcountry Documentation   Simcountry Documentation   Simcountry Terminology
online games, multiplayer games
bullet Simcountry is an Online Digital World where you are the President of a country.
bullet No download needed!
What is Simcountry?
Beginners Info
What is Simcountry?
| | | |
Previous document: January 19, 2009
Next document: easy access to weapons no waiting
More documents: How to Play Simcountry

There needs to be improvements to the shares market Status: Please read our response

Detailed Description:

There needs to be mechanisms to own 100% of a public corp, which then becomes a private corp when it only has one shareholder. to simply specified or set your target share ownership to 100% for a corp does not do the job. I have been waiting for many earth months to own 100% of a corp; I cannot own 100% of the corp because the other shareholder who holds 10% will not sell its shares. to reflect reality on earth share markets, the game must have rules to allow hostile takeover. If I own 90% of the corp, I must automatically be allowed to buy the remaining 10% of the corp regardless whether that shareholder wants to sell or not. I am willing to pay 10% premium for those remaining shares. if the other shareholder owns 49% of the corp, the hostile buyer will just pay a 49% premium to those shares. this is a very equitable mechanism to all shareholders. there needs to be improvements to the buying and selling of shares. the share market of this game is getting boring without these improvements. please vote YES to make this game better.

3 gamers voted for the proposal.
0 gamers voted against the proposal.

The proposal has been ACCEPTED.

W3Creative reaction:

No massively supported. We have chosen not to implement a hostile takeover. In most cases, when you offer to purchase all the shares, the price will increase and keep increasing until they are offered on the market. All investment funds will at some point sell their holdings and this is what happens in almost all cases.

We do have some cases when a player refuses to sell. We do not see this as a major problem as the majority holder can manage the corporation freely and the minority shareholder cannot disturb in any way.

Such a feature could be implemented but we are swamped with many features we want to implement, it may take a long time.

Simcountry Introduction